Tuesday, June 4, 2013

"SOMETHING FOR THERESA"



Today is your birthday and we all miss you terribly because you are not here.

Your children, your sisters, your mother, nieces, nephews, grandchildren and us your cousins, hurt in places we did not know hurt.

Usually, I write something in remembrance of those close to my heart when they pass on. 

Whether it  be family or friends.  But this time..this time, I wasn't able to write. 

It was hard for me to write the unthinkable.  I tried, but I just couldn't.

I thought about you a lot while you were in the hospital.  

Especially when I would go on my walks with my dog to the pond path.  

When I would see the sun's sparkles on the ponds' water, I remembered your smile and the last time we spoke,laughed, hugged and said our "see ya later" at Walmart.

And now, when I walk the pond path and look onto its waters, I think of your soul.  Beautiful sparkles of sunlight.  The reflection glistens like a million diamonds that lay upon the water of the pond; with a quite, calm, peace.

I think you would like that as "Diamonds are a girl's best friend right?" 

It's so hard to forget the pain of losing you, but even harder to forget your sweetness, your beauty, your laughter, your voice...


Happy birthday dear cousin as we celebrate your life spiritually and carry you in our hearts eternally.


"Friends are forever cousins are for life."


Love you and miss you, your cousin,

Lucas.








No comments: