Sunday, July 21, 2013

THE CONJURING:TO BE OR NOT TO BE; ARE THERE ENTITIES???

     As a true horror film fan, I did not find "The Conjuring" scary, and "fear" did not stay with me as did "The Exorcist."

Although I did enjoy the aspects of the flic; The presentation, the appearance, the air of the film and the fact that this WAS based on a true story...  So I was very much into the flic for those particular reasons.

But in regards to "BEING SCARED",  NO.




                                                                 
There are only two other movies that could "get my goat" and one I mentioned, "The Exorcist". The other was "The Entity."  The Exorcist we are all familiar with and as for "The Entity" I don't know if too many are acquainted with this film.  

The Entity was about a woman, Carla Moran portrayed by Barbara Hershey.  Carla is violently raped in her home in Texas, by an unseen force.  She sees a psychiatrist and he believes her paranormal experiences are delusions from her past.  As a child she was sexually abused by her step-father who coincidentally was a pastor.  Anyways...I found the movie very interesting and somewhat "scary."  Lol.

The metaphysical world has always INTRIGUED me.  Be it because for most of my childhood I grew up in an "actual" haunted house.  My grandmother's house WAS haunted for as long as I can remember.
Never did I or anyone that has lived there ever recalled any malevolent spirits?  No, but poltergeist, yes.  I even found myself chasing one throughout the house at one point.  

Nevertheless I am a believer as the Supernatural is a constant source of fascination, and for those who experienced encounters first-hand, there is no room for doubt.   

And throughout history most peoples, cultures, do believe that we are living alongside spirits, and ghosts; whether benevolent or malevolent,  I agree.


And so I leave you with a quote from one of my favorite, favorite poets Edgar Allan Poe:  "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."      







"Besides this earth, and besides the race of men, there is an invisible world and a kingdom of spirits;
that world is round us, for it is everywhere." ~Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.


And so it is.


~LJLS








































































































































No comments: