Friday, October 11, 2013

The Adventuresome "WishBone", Jack Russell Terrier.

This is my best friend.  My small time traveler
 who has been accompanying me in the second half of my journey.  His lust for life and his existence compared to ours is a constant reminder that life is too short.
 To take the adventures--to touch the unexplored part of our spirit like my small, but giant Jack Russell Terrier.

 He does this in every walk or trip we take. The adventure is all that he is, and he puts every ounce of himself in it!

Everyday, every walk is an "uncharted region" for this wide-eyed, wild-hearted explorer, my boy, my Jack, "WishBone."


Let it be a river...a creek... mountain or a hill.  No matter to him.  His goal is always the same: "Don't be afraid of living.  Only be afraid of the unlived life."  And if he could speak, these WOULD be his words, verbatim.

If only we ALL could see the world, to explore it with the spirit of chance & adventure as he. Crossing all invisible boundaries; taking the risks, and living the life we imagine. How fortunate and rich our lives would truly be.

Move over Lewis & Clark!   For my WishBone is on a QUEST and HE IS THE BEST DANG DOG IN THE WORLD TO DO IT,   EVERY DANG DAY!!!



"Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.
It's amazing how much love & laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them." ~John Grogan, Marley & Me.



He's the best: Dog, room mate, time traveler, companion; and this journey, this experience, traveling with him, is an adventure I will treasure where my heart is, Always............................





~LJS












1 comment:

Sabrina said...

WB and our four legged loves have so much to teach us. Thank you for reminding us to listen to their teachings. love you both!